HistoryBloomington businessman Jesse W. Fell founded the newspaper on January 14, 1837, making it the oldest-running business in McLean County, Illinois, McLean County. W. O. Davis and his heirs owned the ''Pantagraph'' for many years until selling the paper to Chronicle Publishing Company in 1980. The paper was purchased by Pulitzer, Inc., Pulitzer from Chronicle Publishing Company in 1999; Lee Enterprises bought Pulitzer in 2005. The paper was originally called ''The Bloomington Observer and McLean County Advocate''. Through the years, the newspaper went through several name changes, such as ''The Whig'', ''The Intelligencer'', ''The Daily Pantagraph'' and ''The Pantagraph'' in 1985, finally shortened to just ''Pantagraph'' in 2006, changing back to ''The Pantagraph'' in 2008.
Operations''The Pantagraph'' was a news partner of WEEK-TV, which is situated in East Peoria, Illinois.http://www.week.com/community/Pantagraph, retrieved on November 29, 2007. The paper is one of the largest newspapers in terms of circulation in the area. The Pantagraph was the only morning newspaper in east central Illinois until ''The News-Gazette'' in nearby Champaign switched to a morning publication in June 2009.
External links* *