''Pippi in the South Seas'' (original title: ''Pippi Långstrump på de sju haven'') is a
* January 1
** Unix time epoch reached at 00:00:00 UTC.
* January 5 – The 7.1 Tonghai earthquake shakes Tonghai County, Yunnan province, China, with a maximum Mercalli intensity of X (''Extreme''). Between 10,000 and 14,6 ...
Swedish movie, based on the eponymous children's books
Astrid Anna Emilia Lindgren (; ; 14 November 1907 – 28 January 2002) was a Swedish writer of fiction and screenplays. She is best known for several children's book series, featuring Pippi Longstocking, Emil of Lönneberga, Karlsson-on-the-R ...
with the cast of the 1969 TV series ''
Pippi Longstocking ( sv, Pippi Långstrump) is the fictional main character in an eponymous series of children's books by Swedish author Astrid Lindgren. Pippi was named by Lindgren's daughter Karin, who asked her mother for a get-well story when ...
''. It was released in the US in 1974.
Pippi, with friends Tommy and Annika, adventures on the
Today the term South Seas, or South Sea, is used in several contexts. Most commonly it refers to the portion of the Pacific Ocean south of the equator. In 1513, when Spanish conquistador Vasco Núñez de Balboa coined the term ''Mar del Sur'', o ...
to hunt for her father, who has been kidnapped by
Piracy is an act of robbery or criminal violence by ship or boat-borne attackers upon another ship or a coastal area, typically with the goal of stealing cargo and other valuable goods. Those who conduct acts of piracy are called pirates, while ...
Karin Inger Monica Nilsson (born 4 May 1959) is a Swedish actress and singer. She is a former child actress. She is primarily known for her portrayal of Pippi Longstocking in the Swedish-produced TV series of the same name during 1969 which was co ...
Maria may refer to:
* Maria (given name), a popular given name in many languages
*170 Maria, a Main belt S-type asteroid discovered in 1877
*Lunar maria (plural of ''mare''), large, dark basaltic plains on Eart ...
Pär is a given name, a Scandinavian form of Peter. Notable people with the name include:
* Pär Arlbrandt (born 1982), Swedish former professional ice hockey forward
* Pär Aron Borg (1776–1839), Swedish pedagogue and a pioneer in the education ...
* Beppe Wolgers-Captain Efraim Longstocking
* Martin Ljung-Jocke with the Knife
* Jarl Borssén-Blood-Svente
* Öllegård Wellton-Annika's and Tommy's Mother
* Fredrik Ohlsson-Annika's and Tommy's Father
* Staffan Hallerstam-Marko
* Tor Isedal-Pedro
* Håkan Serner-Franco
* Alfred Schieske-Pirate
* Wolfgang Völz-Oscar
* Nikolaus Schilling-Pirate
* Olle Nordemar-Pirate
* Gunnar Lantz-Pirate
* Carl Schwartz-Pirate
* Per Bakke-Pirate
* Kelvin Leonard-Pirate
* Ingemar Claesson-Pirate
* Olle Nyman-Pirate
* Nibbe Malmqvist-Pirate
* Åke Hartwig-Pirate
* Thor Heyerdahl-Pirate
* Arne Ragneborn-Pirate
* Douglas (parrot), Douglas-Rosalinda(parrot)
''Pippi in the South Seas'' on Swedish Film Database
1970s adventure comedy films
Swedish adventure films
Swedish comedy films
West German films
Films directed by Olle Hellbom
Films set in Sweden
Films set in Oceania
Films based on Pippi Longstocking
1970 comedy films